General Information & News
The Southern California College of Optometry (SCCO) is among the nation’s leading providers of continuing professional education. SCCO’s Continuing Education mission is to engage optometrists in enhancing their clinical knowledge and expertise to benefit patients they serve.
Our CE programs include the latest advances in research, technology and clinical practice to benefit optometric vision care. We endeavor to make each course, whether live or online, practical, professional, and applicable to guidelines established by the state boards of optometry.
Our CE courses address a wide range of topics to suit all areas of practice.
Online Registration now available for the following program(s):
To register, simply click on the Online Registration option to the right
To view a brochure click on the CE Calendar option to the right. From there click on the program you wish to view. You may return to Online Registration to register for the class.
- June 8 & 9 - Glaucoma Case Management With Exam - May also be taken for CE credit only!
- July 14 & 15 - Glaucoma Grand Rounds - Sold out
July 20 & 21 - Ocular Disease Part II -18 hours of therapeutic CE credits
Registration Cancellation Policy
If you must cancel your registration, a written notice (via fax, mail, or email) must be postmarked no later than seven (7) days prior to your scheduled course. You will then receive a 90% refund, minus an administrative fee of $25. If your cancellation is postmarked at least 3 days prior to the course you will receive 75% of your registration fees, minus an administrative fee of $25. There will be no refunds or transfers of registration fees after that time. *See Grand Rounds Glaucoma Cancellation Policy below.
Hotel Discounts for CE Attendees
Fullerton Marriott @ California State University
2701 East Nutwood Avenue
Fullerton, CA 92831
- Simply click on the link below and you will be directed to the Fullerton Marriott’s home page with your corporate rate code already entered in the appropriate field, just put in your dates and look for availability to quickly make your room reservations. You can also share and send the link to anyone in your organization that needs to make their own arrangements.
Click here for: Fullerton Marriott Reservation Link for SCCO Discount
The Hotel Fullerton
1500 South Raymond Avenue
Fullerton, CA 92831
Phone: 877-700-0688 or 714-635-9000
- Minutes away from SCCO
- Courtesy shuttle available. Appointment required.
- Includes breakfast, High Speed internet access and Manager's Reception Mon-Thurs
- Click here for: The Hotel Fullerton
SCCO continues to offer the 16-Hour Case Management Certification Course with Exam. Next date: June 8 & 9, 2013
Please view the CE calendar for a current list of dates that this course and other courses are available. The CE Calendar will be updated monthly.
Please take a few minutes to answer our Glaucoma Survey by clicking on the link below. The purpose of this survey is to create future courses that support current and future Glaucoma Certified Optometrists.
*Cancellation Policy for the Glaucoma Grand Rounds Programs
Due to the limited seating available and the difficulty for wait-listed doctors to reschedule their patients, in order to utilize your vacated seat, the following policies are in effect.
- All cancellations must be via email.
- If you cancel the program for which you are registered, you will receive an 80% refund, minus and administrative fee of $50.
- There will be no refunds for those who cancel 5 days prior to the program. No exceptions!
- Once the CE Department receives your cancellation request for the Glaucoma Grand Rounds program, you will not be eligible to automatically take the next Glaucoma Grand Rounds Program. You will need to go through the registration process once again.
Still have questions? Glaucoma FAQs may have the answer.
Please view our CE offerings in both formats, live lectures and online courses. Should you have questions or need assistance, please contact us.
For further information, call the Dept. of Continuing Education: 714.449.7495 • Fax 714.992.7855
- Do you need to request a CE transcript or CE credit letter? Click here
- View the 2013 CE Calendar.
Online Registration - Launch of Four New Courses!
We now provide our registrants with the convenience of Online Program Registration. You may view course content and register for any program by clicking on the Program List. You may view by date, location, program content and CE Hours. A biographical sketch of SCCO faculty who are lecturing on each program is provided.
We have included Optometric Clinical Seminars in this new registration format. We have provided a full brochure for you to view when choosing which Wednesdays during the year will fit into your schedule.
The CE Department is confident Online Registration will become your method of choice. We are available by phone to assist you with registration questions during CE business hours, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Online/Internet-Based CE Courses
The courses available online are designed to offer optometrists assistance in a timely format to fulfill their requirements for re-licensure renewal. You may earn up to 20 hours of COPE-approved CE credit. Instructions for viewing, registration and examinations are addressed in the introduction to each course. www.scco.edu/ceonline.
The Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (COPE) website houses a collection of CE requirements for all state regulatory boards in the U.S.
Meet our Sponsors
The Southern California College of Optometry would like to thank the following companies for their generous contributions to our programs.